New App-V Book Published! “Microsoft Application Virtualization Advanced Guide”
Finally my second App-V book “Microsoft Application Virtualization Advanced Guide” has just been published and there’s one sample chapter available for download.
The sample chapter selected is “Integrating App-V with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012” and can be downloaded from this link.
The book is available in the following stores:
- Packt Publishing
- Amazon.com (Kindle edition included)
- Amazon.co.uk (Kindle edition included)
- Barnes & Noble
- Safari Books Online
The “Microsoft Application Virtualization Advanced Guide” represents my second App-V book; the previous one “Getting Started with Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6” was developed a year ago with the basic guidance and step-by-step to get IT administrators started with App-V. This advanced book will cover the necessary guidelines and step-by-steps processes to dominate App-V. Starting with detailed description of its architecture, including some rare advanced topics, and moving through the instructions to implement those advanced guidelines. Here’s an overview of the areas we will cover:
- Perform sequencing in complex environments including scenarios where App-V is normally not supported.
- Deploy applications in complex scenarios, including the use of Providers Policies to enforce licensing and other company’s policies.
- Get hands on in how to implement the scripting process within App-V applications and also review how to use App-V command lines.
- Troubleshoot App-V, covering the installation process of this platform, but also normal sequencing issues and deployment problems delivering applications.
- Scale-up App-V implementations by using failover and load balanced scenarios.
- Review App-V integration with VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
- Integrate App-V with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012.
- Understand the new approach appearing in SCVMM 2012 with Server App-V to virtualize servers’ applications.
- Examine 3rd party tools available in App-V to complement your implementation.
Here are the chapter’s names to be included in this book:
- Taking a Deep Dive into App-V.
- Sequencing in Complex Environments.
- Deploying Applications in Complex Environments.
- Handling Scripting and App-V Command Lines.
- Troubleshooting App-V.
- Scaling Up App-V Implementations.
- Integrating App-V with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Integrating App-V with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012.
- Integrating Server App-V with Private Clouds.
- Appendix A: Reviewing App-V Microsoft and 3rd Party Tools.
Also, I would like to share again some special thanks to the guys involved in this book as reviewers (the same geeky ones from the previous book) and of course Packt Publishing: