WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Available for Download
WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta has been released to the public today, January 26. You can download it from Microsoft Connect at this link (remember to login with a Passport account):
You will find all of these resources to download:
- WSUS 3 SP2 Beta x86 and x64 compilations
- Beta Scenario Instructions
- WSUS 3 SP2 Beta Deployment and Operations Guide.
- WSUS 3 SP2 Beta Step-by-Step Guide
WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Overview
- Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
- Support for Windows 7® client
- Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server® 2008 R2
BranchCache is a new feature in the R2 version improves significantly end user experience at branch locations, by locally caching frequently used content on the branch office network. More info here on this document.
- New functionality lets you specify the approval deadline date and time.
- You can now apply a rule to all computers or to specific computer groups.
- This release provides improved handling of language selection on downstream servers.
- The user interface is compatible between Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for WSUS 3.0 on both the client and the server.
- Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
- The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
- Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
- Fixed setup issues with database servers running Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.
Even though it’s only a Service Pack, includes several improvements and new compatibilities. We’ll check them out.
You can always check any updates about WSUS on the WSUS Product Team Blog.